Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Sean & Sara | Engagement

Sara & Sean are getting married on November 27th of this year and I have the pleasure of being their wedding photographer.  I actually used to work with Sara in college at the Ruby Tuesday in Athens (which by the way was probably one of the funnest jobs I have ever had!) and was so excited and privileged when she said that her and her fiance, Sean, wanted me to be their photographer.

When Sara & Sean suggested Franklin Park for their engagement session I coerced them to also do part of it at Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams in Bexley.  Ok, so maybe it didn't take much coercion to get someone to eat some ice cream while having their picture taken 'cuz who doesn't like ice cream?  I've always thought that a Jeni's would make a wonderful place to do a photo session.  Their decor is so fun and simple and their ice cream is sooooo.stinkin.amazing.  Seriously, it's the most delicious and unique ice cream I have ever had. 

Saturday morning was gorgeous.  Luckily the previous week's bad weather had passed and we were left with a sunny, moderately warm (I lie, it was chilly at 10 am) beautiful April day.  The magnolia trees were beautiful in Franklin Park.




We avoided the crowds in the conservatory by going right when they opened at 10.  Sara & Sean are so clearly in love.  I just told them to be natural and relaxed...and the results are just beautiful. 



I don't know if Sara realized I was there for this following shot because I kept having to run back to my bag and wipe my foggy lens down (it gets a little steamy in the conservatory!) but I feel like I caught them in an beautifully ordinary moment.


For future reference, this plant has SPIKES! 



The following turned out so beautiful....even though Sara kept telling Sean that he was being creepy:) 


And now we come to Jeni's.  The wonderful woman working was so kind to let us take photos in there and even gave us the ice cream on the house.  Isn't that awesome?  I went into creepy stalker photographer mode and captured Sara & Sean tasted, picked out and ate their ice cream. 


We walked up Main St. a block or two as they were finishing their ice cream and found the Trinity Lutheran Seminary.  The flowers and architecture are beautiful so we finished off the session with a few shots around there.  We also reminisced about the wonderful dining hall food that we remembered from our days at Ohio University.  I told them there is a legend that my husband once snuck 16 ice cream bars out of the dining hall.  I can neither prove nor disprove this fact, but I will say I ate A LOT of ice cream my freshman year:)

No comments:

Post a Comment