Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My approach to wedding photography...

I got married once.  It was awesome.  

You are about to embark on a journey and I want your photos to represent you.  As a couple.  On the happiest day of your lives.

I promise to capture your wedding as it happens.  I will take photos at your request.  I will hold your bouquet.  I will fix your hair.  I will tell you where to stand.  Or I will do none of these things.  I am there for YOU.

Your wedding is the time for me to creatively capture your day as it unfolds.  I will start when you want me to start and end when you want me to end.  I will lie on the ground, stand on a chair, or hide behind a bush to get the perfect shot. 

I try my best to stay out of the way.  I do not want to be seen as a distraction and one of the best compliments I can receive is that someone barely even noticed me at the wedding.  I try to be stealthy.

I love developing relationships with the bride and groom.  I want your personalies to shine through the photos.  I want someone to look at your pictures and say "That looks just like so and so...".

If I had to brand my style of photography, I would say it is a creative mix of photojournalism and contemporary photography.  Or...

contempojournalism.

I don't like to use a lot of editing that is "in style".  I want your wedding photos to look like you.  I want them to last.  About as crazy as I get is black and white.  I know, slow down Melissa, you're moving a little too fast.

I love interesting angles and locations.  I do what I like to call "minimal posing".  I will scout out a location, put you in it and let you go.  I tell my couples to be relaxed and do what comes naturally to them.  Kiss, hug, snuggle, laugh or talk.  Show me who you are.

The best place to get a feel for my work is on my blog.  My portfolio gets updated every once in a while but my blog is fluid, continually changing, always new.  You will also get to know more about me through my blog.  It's important to feel comfortable with me as your wedding photographer.  

Please feel free to ask me questions.  I would love to answer them.  I would love to talk to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment