Tuesday, August 17, 2010

1/365

When I first started taking photos with a dSLR 3 years ago I stumbled upon a wonderful photo community known as flickr.  I started posting my photos on there and learned tons from other photographers.  I found that a popular thing to do was take a picture a day for an entire year.  I tried but didn't make it past two months.

The other day I was looking back through some of my first artsy photos and was kind of impressed by them.  Sure the technical side of a lot of them weren't perfect, but they are so creative!  Once I started taking photos for other people and for a profession I started to lose interest in shooting everyday things.  I'm sure every photographer struggles with this but recently I was hit with the desire to be creative again!

So........I've decided to try the 365 photo project once again and document it here on my blog.  I can't guarantee I will get through an entire year but I will try my darndest to.  The photos will not always be interesting or even good (in my opinion, cell phone photos count:)) but it will document one year in my life and I know I will be thankful for this in the future.

There will be times when I don't get something posted everyday due to work and time constraints but I will backlog the photos and post them when I can.  I may have a little to say with the photos, but I imagine most of the time I will stay silent.

I hope you enjoy this.  You can keep up with my posts on my facebook page.

Without further ado, day 1 of 365.

Oatmeal choco-chip are a fave in our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment