Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Carl & Kelly | 8.13.10



I met Carl a while back through mutual friends but I didn't get to meet Kelly until we had our initial photography consultation.  I instantly felt like I had known her much longer.  They are both such kind souls and their happiness rubs off onto you.     

Carl & Kelly were married on a very warm hot day last Friday at the Venue @ Smith Brothers.  They opted to do a first look which was very exciting for me because most of my clients don't want to see each other before the ceremony.   I absolutely LOVED having an entire hour to walk around the Short North with the wedding party.  I'm pretty sure the best words a photographer can hear from a bride are "can we get ice cream?".  Ummm...YES!  The first look allowed for a much more relaxed shoot than doing the portraits after the ceremony.  There was no reception to rush back to which means the wedding party couldn't complain about not getting to enjoy the cocktail hour:)

I'm having a hard time putting into words how beautiful Carl & Kelly's relationship is.  I guess I'll just let you look at the photos and see it for yourself.   Be sure to check out the slideshow for more photos!


Kelly was a natural at being a bride.  While her bridesmaids were rushing around the hotel room trying to get their dresses on and makeup touched up Kelly stood in the middle joking around and commenting on how good they looked.  


Carl seeing his bride for the first time!


Kelly did an amazing job of picking the colors and details for the wedding.  Gray & yellow?!  So unique and simple.  Oh, and did I mention that they hand letterpressed (I think that's the word) all of the stationary for their wedding?  It added such a great personal touch to affair.


Thanks Jeni's!!!!  Northing like a little wedding day ice cream:)



This might be my favorite shot ever of a bridal party.  Everyone looks so perfectly relaxed and informal!




Carl's sister, Lori, MADE the wedding cake.  Let's all give her a round of applause!  And, oh yea, that's Carl getting cake smashed on the top of his head.  



As you can tell, the reception was enjoyed by everyone.  See the woman in the bottom right doing an amazing air guitar?  That's Raine, you might remember that I photographed her wedding last September.  It's all a big wedding and friend circle:)


I just had to put this photobooth photo in because every time I see it I laugh.  The guy on the right isn't really that short, but he did a great job of making it look that way.  


Ahh the end to a great night.  

I can't say thanks enough to Carl & Kelly for letting me be such a big part of your day.  I am so, so happy for you two!




Song credit: Bert Jarred

3 comments:

  1. ahhhhhh OBSESSED with these pictures!!!! i've already watched the slideshow 3 times hahaha i love love love these melissa:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous, melissa!!! also, i really like that close up of carl&kelly above. quality :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, your photos make me smile. Amazing as always!

    Raine

    ReplyDelete