Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Sunny Meadows Flower Farm

This is a post that I've been meaning to write for a while but am now glad I have some photos to go along with it.

Brad & I met Gretel & Steve over a year ago when they contacted Brad to make their website.  They wanted to barter vegetables for a website.  We love vegetables AND bartering so we gladly agreed.

You see, Gretel & Steve own a 10 acre all natural flower and vegetable farm inside of 270.  This is the 5th summer they've been professional farmers, and seriously, their products are amazing.

The vegetables are DELICIOUS and are tended with love and hard work only.  No pesticides will ever touch them.

We are part of their CSA (community supported agriculture, you can read about it here.)  Basically we get A LOT of vegetables and flowers each week during the growing season.  Pretty good deal for everyone.  We get awesome produce that we know is good for us and local farmers are supported.

Please check out their site OurSunnyMeadows.com to learn more about what they do and get information on a CSA.  You can also buy their produce at various farmer's markets all summer long.

But to get to the meat of the post.  I assume that a lot of you that may happen across this blog are planning or will plan a wedding sometime in the near future.

Sunny Meadows does wedding flowers.  Amazingly well.  I used to work at a flower shop and let me tell you, Gretel & Steve's flowers are so, so much better than anything that gets shipped in from South America.

I was so happy when Gretel contacted me earlier this summer to see if I would be able to help with a wedding she was designing the flowers for.  I really enjoy flower design and it is yet another wonderful creative outlet for me.

I couldn't believe the variety of flowers that Gretel had harvested the morning that we were designing.  All beautiful and all natural.

Anywho, I'll stop talking about them and just let you see for yourself.  Please check out their site (oursunnymeadows.com) and contact Gretel if you are interested in using Sunny Meadows for your flowers.  I promise, you will not be disappointed.

Boutonnière

Bridesmaids bouquets

Zinnia fields

Sunflower fields

Daisies on the left, ornamental grass on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment