Thursday, May 27, 2010

Andrew & Courtney | 5.22.10

I rarely get choked up when I shoot weddings.  I'm usually too concerned with aperature and composition to think about how beautiful the love of a bride and groom is...but there were definitely a few times during Andrew & Courtney's wedding that I about lost it. 

Like during their beautiful portrait session at Goodale Park.


When Courtney's dad saw her all dolled up for the first time.

And, of course, walking down the aisle.

Or their first few moments as husband and wife.

But really this wedding was full of laughs.  I haven't laughed so hard in a long time.  Courtney's sister, Caitlin, was the maid of honor and definitely kept things light.  She was a bit *ahem* forceful when it came to applying Courtney's makeup.


Popsicles are always funny.

See Zach, he's the groomsman on the far left?  He played guitar at our wedding and went to high school with my husband.  He also has the BEST (this is sarcastic) ideas when it comes to posing photos.  Like getting popsicles from the ice cream truck.  Or making me lay on the ground so we can get an "Eight is Enough" shot.

I kid, I kid these ended up being some of my favorite shots!!!


Andrew & his mom did an amazing mother-son dance to "Bennie & the Jets"

There was also the mother of the bride doing the best rendition of "Me & Bobby McGee" I have ever seen.

Seriously, this was a good party.

And here is my fave shot from the photobooth (which I will get into more detail in another post).  They spelled out love.  Flippin' sweet.


I will leave you with a new feature of my wedding blogposts, a slideshow!  The image quality is not the best, I still need to find a slideshow program that I like, but enjoy!


Song credit to Josh Woodward

The ceremony & reception were both held at the Venue at the Smith Bros. Hardware building.

7 comments:

  1. Wow Melissa! Those are amazing. I love the second popsicle pic the best. It looked like a beautiful wedding! Loved the bricks too. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the slide show! Only two more weeks until it's our turn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the mother of the groom here. You have so captured the essence of the wedding...and their relationship. So beautiful, so fun, so right. Thank you for these pictures. They are simply awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful and your slideshow made me tear up! Great job Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh these are AMAZING!! love love love the popsicle and eight is enough picture!! ahhh!! :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. AND i just watched the slideshow and cried at work. what an amazing awesome beautiful wedding:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Mallory - Thanks, that's my fave, too!
    @KC - I can't wait!!!
    @Donna - Thanks so much for the kind words. It truly means a lot and I was so happy I was the one to capture their day.
    @Katie - Great idea for the photobooth shot - I was really excited when I saw that one! It was nice meeting you!
    @J Po - Thanks for photoblog stalking me! I will have to send you that "epic" photo;)

    ReplyDelete