Friday, May 7, 2010

Duncan & Ashley | Engagement

Duncan & Ashley say they met on the most shallow website ever, Hotornot.com.  I think it's awesome they have such a funny story to tell people about how they met and I think their wedding will be a reflection of their awesomeness.  They are getting married August 28th of this year at Blacklick Metro Park with a reception at Schmidt's.  Oh yea, it's gonna be a fun wedding.  What could be better than beer & sausage?


They suggested Hayden Falls for their engagement session and although I had never been before I've always heard good things.  I didn't expect it to be this beautiful, though.   The evening light was so romantic and the area around the falls is so quiet and serene, not something I expected to find inside of I-270.


What a beautiful couple.  I can tell they are always having fun together.


Duncan is a little quiet and shy so I found that some of the best and most natural shots I got of the couple were when I would "hide" behind something.  Example 1- Behind a rock:


Example 2 - Behind a tree:


And example 3 - Far, far away:


I tend the push the limits of my clients when it comes to posing.  I get these ideas in my head and most people probably think I'm crazy, but I love when they go along with it and it turns out amazing.  As I reached down to feel how cold the water was I could see it in Ashley's eyes that she knew what I was about to ask them.  They cheerfully took off their shoes and socks, rolled up their pants and waded into the water so I could get the shot I wanted.  I love it, I know they are going to be up for all kinds of things on their wedding day.  It's great to get to push my creativity to the max.


I think the next couple of pictures are adorable.  They are two shots I took one right after another.


And we ended the night with a few shots of them in the t-shirts of the band that was playing at the concert they got engaged at.  Such a great proposal story too!


Thank you so, so much Ashley & Duncan.  I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to your wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment